After nearly 20 years as a Mac user, I’m switching to a Windows PC—and I’m bringing you along for the ride.
In this series, my personal journey from Mac to PC will be your guide to the fundamentals of venturing forth from Apple’s walled garden to the vast, teeming, and sometimes confusing world of Windows 10 computers. The topics I’m covering will include:
- How to choose a laptop from hundreds of possibilities
- What software to use in place of MacOS-only favorites
- How your iPhone, iPad, and the rest of Apple’s ecosystem can still fit in
- Welcome to the vast world of PC gaming
- What it’s like in PC-land, and whether I’d return to the Mac
Despair drove me to switch from a Mac to a PC. I’ve used Apple computers since college, starting with a boxy, wee Apple Mac Classic II in a computer lab. It had a low-resolution monochrome display. And a floppy drive. Soon I bought a used PowerBook 100. From then on, I was committed, steadily working my way through PowerBooks, iBooks, MacBooks, a MacBook Air and MacBook Pros.
Read more here:: IT news – Hardware Systems